AA/FD Boycott? (1 Viewer)

What else do you call them then ? I agree,from a competitors angle,with the cost to be competitive and SFI equipment required (which I'm all for) standpoint,there is nothing nostalgic about them.
The only thing Nostalgia about them are the bodies,and some of "Nostalgia" Funny Car bodies produced, and on cars now; is kind of a stretch of the imagination.
I have no problem with the term Nostalgia Top Fuel or Funny Car myself.
fc-final.jpg

OK, Front Motor Dragsters..... I wish the class for dragsters that (kinda) look like they did years ago (heh heh) would include back motor dragsters that would meet NHRA rules for (gasp) Nostalgia dragsters. AND bigger slicks. There are a few back motor dragsters out there and I would like to see them race heads up with the front motor cars. Think of 1971 and that would be pretty much be it. Why not wings for front motored cars? In 1971, there were a number of front motor cars that had wings in the cockpit area.

As far as the floppers, I agree that some of the bodies do look very much Pro Mod. Would like to see the cars more "correct" altho they do need more down force due to much faster speeds.

There was a class called Rear Engine Nostalgia Top Fuel. It was only ran at Bako for a few years. From what I gather, the man that was in the front of it all passed away a year or two ago. Now, Bako has a 5.90 Nitro Comp class at the MM and HRR. That class is just as you would wish, FC, FED, ALT, and RED all running together. RENTF car count was up to around five cars in about three years time. I believe three of them are still running at both events. Brad Thompson parked his to focus on NFC.

Nostalgia Top Fuel Rear Engine Dragster Facebook Group

280872740_5302680579793723_7862454328000054400_n.jpg

276997405_10221855795008863_6132523019351162126_n.jpg

276169907_10221852614489352_889604637141231705_n.jpg

262478412_10227011120287225_5306296098330955662_n.jpg

There was a class called Rear Engine Nostalgia Top Fuel. It was only ran at Bako for a few years. From what I gather, the man that was in the front of it all passed away a year or two ago. Now, Bako has a 5.90 Nitro Comp class at the MM and HRR. That class is just as you would wish, FC, FED, ALT, and RED all running together. RENTF car count was up to around five cars in about three years time. I believe three of them are still running at both events. Brad Thompson parked his to focus on NFC.

Nostalgia Top Fuel Rear Engine Dragster Facebook Group

Chris Graves has two of these events in the Midwest, NITRO CHAOS!

Found on Facebook; here are the booked in AA/FA that will be at Bowling Green: Rat Trap, Pure Hell, Bradford (and Son) and Rat Poison.

Word also found today is that Dan Horan will skip the AA/FD race at St. Louis and take his funny car to Bowling Green instead.

Watching the NHRR live now here:

Word is that the AA/FD race at St. Louis will be streamed on MAVTV Plus.

Watching the NHRR live now here:

Word is that the AA/FD race at St. Louis will be streamed on MAVTV Plus.
It's part of the Midwest Drag Racing Series which has a streaming deal with Mav.

This weekend's race is actually being streamed free to everyone, no subscription necessary, due to "technical difficulties with the website" or something. Friday stream will be here, Saturday will be here.

It's part of the Midwest Drag Racing Series which has a streaming deal with Mav.

This weekend's race is actually being streamed free to everyone, no subscription necessary, due to "technical difficulties with the website" or something. Friday stream will be here, Saturday will be here.
Thanks

Thanks! It's shaping up to be one of those days when my work productions is going to be minimal. :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back