A 7 1/2 Year Old......1000 Easy Steps!!! (1 Viewer)

Suzie Q

Nitro Member
Ok, I survived the first 24 hours of taking care of my friend's 7 1/2 year old daughter! Yipppeeeeee!!!

I picked her up from school and she kept hinting at "ice-cream". (whenever I pick her up for her mom every now & then, I have to spoil her dinner and take her for ice-cream!) So, we went to McDonald's for a hot fudge sundae and they informed us they were out of ice-cream!!!:eek: We could not believe what we were hearing! So, I thought of T.C.B.Y.! I thought for sure we were saved and that I could get a "sprinkle cone" and the world would soon have a certain calm come over it...............OH HELL NO!!! T.C.B.Y. closed and gone!!! WAH!!!! WTF!!! Then, the wheels were spinning in my head and I suddenly thought "YES!!! Ben & Jerry's"! (You can see where this is going, huh?) NOPE! Closed and gone too! What is this world coming to? We just want some dang ice cream! Anyhoo, we finally went to Sonic and got our hot fudge sundaes and all is well with the world!

The rest of the night went fine. She played on the computer making different "Hannah Montana" outfits on Disneychannel.com. I then prepared a gourmet meal consisting of Mini-Ravioli and Mini Meatballs. Simply Delicious!!! After that, it was the new season of Survivor! We had fun watching it. The animals in Africa are awesome.

She took a bath, I made horns on her head with the lather from the shampoo and then it was off to bed. I was so tired, I let her sleep with me in the King size bed. She read to me and I actually dozed off! I woke up because I heard myself snoring and that is when she said "Ok Suzie, we will save Chapter 13 until tomorrow night! I can hear you snoring!!!" :D That cracked me up!

Now, getting a heavy sleeping 7 1/2 year old up in the morning is the biggest challenge I have ever faced in my life! I have met my match! I was the "Queen Lolly-gagger" in the morning, but I must say, the torch has been officially passed!!! I am very glad we can sleep in tomorrow and she said she was too!

I will let you all know how the rest of the weekend goes on Monday. Tonight we are going to make Christmas ornaments & picture frames out of Polymer clay! Martha Stewart............look out!!!:D

Wish me luck!!!:D

I picked her up from school and she kept hinting at "ice-cream". (whenever I pick her up for her mom every now & then, I have to spoil her dinner and take her for ice-cream!) So, we went to McDonald's for a hot fudge sundae and they informed us they were out of ice-cream!!!:eek: We could not believe what we were hearing! So, I thought of T.C.B.Y.! I thought for sure we were saved and that I could get a "sprinkle cone" and the world would soon have a certain calm come over it...............OH HELL NO!!! T.C.B.Y. closed and gone!!! WAH!!!! WTF!!! Then, the wheels were spinning in my head and I suddenly thought "YES!!! Ben & Jerry's"! (You can see where this is going, huh?) NOPE! Closed and gone too! What is this world coming to? We just want some dang ice cream! Anyhoo, we finally went to Sonic and got our hot fudge sundaes and all is well with the world!

Suzie... I am going to tell you something my sister told me when I was shopping with my niece. Just because I am nice & like to share & I think it applies to you as well....

You are so owned!
:D

Susie Q....

WHAT 'G Said...
we grownops just think we are child sitting... they are just looking fer another big person to bend to their will... and we let them...:eek:

d'kid
grandfather still in training:eek:

Ok, I don't have to wait till Monday to give you all an update! We are having a great time! We went to Hobby Lobby and I got the extremely EXPENSIVE Polymer clay set and we have made some really cool stuff!

Yes................she has totally owned me since her first day on this earth! The funniest thing is that when she was less less than 8 hours old, I held her (I had NEVER held a newborn before!) and she nuzzled up to me and started going for the MOTHER LODE!!! I couldn't believe it! I looked at her mother and said "HELP!!! What the heck to I do?" She started laughing and said "pass me the babe-a-laugh-a-gus"!!! To this day, she always says "Suz, can I lay on yer pillows"? What a GEM!!!

I will report back with more! I wish my neices were closer than Michigan!!!:D

Ok, I don't have to wait till Monday to give you all an update! We are having a great time! We went to Hobby Lobby and I got the extremely EXPENSIVE Polymer clay set and we have made some really cool stuff!

Yes................she has totally owned me since her first day on this earth! The funniest thing is that when she was less less than 8 hours old, I held her (I had NEVER held a newborn before!) and she nuzzled up to me and started going for the MOTHER LODE!!! I couldn't believe it! I looked at her mother and said "HELP!!! What the heck to I do?" She started laughing and said "pass me the babe-a-laugh-a-gus"!!! To this day, she always says "Suz, can I lay on yer pillows"? What a GEM!!!

I will report back with more! I wish my neices were closer than Michigan!!!:D

Ah so she recognized a bazumba master at work!

When my twin nephews were born prematurely, they started them on kangaroo kare (intentional spelling), which meant we had to go into the NICU, take off our shirts, and lay the babies down on your chest and just sit there.

The 'twinkies' were so premature that they had not a lot of sucking power so they couldn't suckle but that was always one of my concerns. I wasn't sure how I would have handled them rooting around. I was almost happy they couldn't suckle until I saw them shoot breast milk up a tube in their noses.

I hope I am not boring y'all with this, but I just have to share because this kid is funny!

Last night after dinner, (a lovely meal of "Kid Cuisine") we played "Operation" and I remember how to play the game right, but apparently, there is a special set of 'rules' that I didn't know about! I was not allowed to touch the sides, but it was just fine for her to buzz the dang game right off the table! I complied with the new rules and of course, I lost!!!

We the watched SpongeBob the rest of the night which is just fine with me because that is my favorite cartoon! I got caught up on all the new episodes that I had missed. That SpongeBob is a KILLER!!!

After that, I layed down in the bed and she was on the couch in the bedroom and the next thing I know, she is 'tucking me in'!!! Haaahahaha! (10:30 p.m. on a Friday night!)

NOTE TO SELF............No matter what the size of the bed, the 7 1/2 year old is entitled to all of it except for the 42 inches that she has alloted me!!! I had no idea that a child that small could take up soooo much room and have such a cute 'purrrrr' for a snore! She has to have at least one limb across my body and if I dare move, I might get 2!!! :D

This morning we got up and went to Denny's for breakfast. I had the Heartland Scramble and she had the "Alien Pancakes". They were pretty funny. Our waitress was very sweet. Her name was Christine. She did have a rather large mole on her forehead, and I was waiting for the young un' to make a comment, but she is so well behaved, she didn't say a word. Thank God! After that we came back to the house and went swimming.

At 3:00 I took her to her Grandmother's house because she always spends the night there on Saturday night and then they go to church together in the morning. YAY!!! I don't have to perfiorm for 24 hours!!! I stopped by my house to see Mace and Weebles the cat and I layed down on the bed and fell asleep for an hour. That was a refreshing nap, but then Mace had to leave for a gig and I got up and came back over here.

Now.........what am I going to do the rest of the night? I am cooking a Ribeye on the grill, having an adult beverage and probably watch an pg-13 movie!!! Wooo-hoooo!

I pick her up at 3:00 tomorrow, so I had better get something planned! Tick-tock, tick tock!!! She really wants to watch the races. Hillary Will wrote about her in her blog a year ago. Hillary helped us with her "Flat Stanley" school project. Claire really loves Hillary!

I will check in with y'all tomorrow! Have a great night and GO TEAM KALITTA!!!

Sunday was a lot of fun with the kiddo! I picked her up from Nanny's house and we stopped by the store on the way home to get stuff to make Peanut Butter cookies. Yummy! I made us dinner and we watched the Dallas Cowboys lose! Booo-Hisss!!!

Then at 6:00 it was Drag Racin' time! She was so excited to watch Hillary win 2 rounds! She ran around the room jumping and yelling
"H-I-L-L-A-R-Y"!!! YIPPPPEEEEE!!!! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!!! It was a pretty funny sight to see. Especially when she kicked her legs up while rounding the corner of the couch. How do they do that without falling down?:D

After the races were over, it was time for a bath. She played around for a while and then it was bedtime. She read to me again and this time I didn't fall asleep! She is such a good reader. The schools test them to see what reading level they are at and she is at a 5th grade + 6 months level. That is pretty good for a 2nd Grader!

Now, remember when I said I was only allowed 42 inches to sleep on??? Well my allotment was cut down a bit last night!!! I think I had maybe 25 inches to sleep on! I am a flopper! I couldn't even roll over! I finally had to pick her up and put her waaaaaay over on her side of the bed so I could at least get a few hours of sleep. She eventually worked her way back over to me and I just gave up! It was 6:15 am by then and I had to get up at 6:45 am, so I just layed there!

This morning was a piece of cake getting her up and ready! My test run on Friday taught me a lot of things, so it all went smoothly this time!

I pick her up from school this afternoon and then we have to go back to the house and put away alllllll of the toys and goodies that have worked their way out of her bedroom and into various other parts of the house! Then it is off to the Airport to pick up Mom & Dad.

I really have enjoyed this time with Claire. She is truly a unique kid! She is very talented musically and theatrically! I can see her on Broadway very soon. I think this year she may just do a couple of gigs with me & the girls!!!:D She has already asked me to take care of her the next time Mom & Dad go out of town and of course, I said YES!

I hope you all have enjoyed this little mini blog about my Adventures in Babysitting!!!:D

Suz

Now, remember when I said I was only allowed 42 inches to sleep on??? Well my allotment was cut down a bit last night!!! I think I had maybe 25 inches to sleep on! I am a flopper! I couldn't even roll over! I finally had to pick her up and put her waaaaaay over on her side of the bed so I could at least get a few hours of sleep. She eventually worked her way back over to me and I just gave up!

I can relate to that...but instead of moving them over..I would just get out of the bed...go over to the other side and crawl back in...:D

Very cool, Suz!! There isn't anything in this world more satisfying than a well behaved lil kid. So much energy and curiosity.

It was good for both of ya's.

Cheryl, I should have thought of that! BRILLIANT!!!

Yes David, this kid is a gem! She is VERY well behaved! Her mom just gives her "The Look" and she knows to straighten up! I have the look down.....almost!

A great time was had by all!

All right Suzie! When do I get to enroll my 5 kids in Camp Suzie?

Ha ha, no need to worry my dear. The youngest will be 12 in January and is "way too old to need a babysitter" according to her.

At least you only had one Suzie, when my cousin got hit by a car, my brother left me in charge of 5 kids. 12, 11, 10, 10, and 2 years old. All of them had to go to different schools in the morning. They left me with a set of keys, a handful of money, and a first aid kit. My car couldn't fit them all so I had to drive his big dodge dually and I was most impressive that I didn't shave the fenders off.

He was more impressed that I got all of them to schools and sitters, every day, on time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back