2021 Isky Party (1 Viewer)

Ramjet

Nitro Member
On July 10 1921 Ed Iskenderian was born. After almost 3 years of not being able to celebrate his Birthday we decided that no "stinking" COVID or waiting until it was cooler is going to stop us from giving ED a really great Birthday Bash this year on Saturday July 10 2021 at LTR Racing Engines. He's been saying "Hey Pal - When are we going to have another party - I've been waiting almost 100 years for this one." It will be at the same place (29330 Hwy 178 Onyx Ca 93255) actually in Canebreak - population about 30 depending on who is home. :cool: When Ed got back from WWII he waited about as long as he could and Clay Smith told him he still didn't know how long it would be to get him a cam because he was so backed up. Ed being in the business of buying and selling machinery found some Norton grinders and converted them to grind cams. From there it is all History. Anyway the date is set and the place is set and everybody is invited. Just please call Lanny at (442) 272-2192 with how many are coming and if you have a "Cackle" car we'de Love for you to bring it. Isky doesn't know it but we are mounting 100 camshafts to a base with candles on them and it is going to be his job to blow them out. More details to follow. Ramjet

Last edited:
Thanks Roger,

I've been offered many times to go, but have never been. I think I'll make an effort to go this year.

Roger,

Is this still a go? How's Lanny holding up?
Oh Yea - People are already showing up. I took tables and chairs for 300 out yesterday but expect over 500. I am afraid it is going to be overwhelming. Gibbs is bringing 9 Cackle cars - Will be 14 or so total. Local TV and Hot Rod Magazine confirmed. Beckman and "Snake" also confirmed as well as a few from back east and Canada. Biggest problem is the expected heat - over 100. Lanny is not doing too well, the Cancer is kicking his A$$ but the show is going on.

thanks Roger, we'll see you there. I don't want to bother Lanny under the circumstances, but who should we let know dad and I are coming?

I RSVP on the facebook page.

thanks Roger, we'll see you there. I don't want to bother Lanny under the circumstances, but who should we let know dad and I are coming?

I RSVP on the facebook page.
I got you guys. Make sure your Dad has a hat. We can't sit in line with a Fire suit on at the "Pond" in 100+ degrees anymore. I know he's tough but we are all getting pretty long in the tooth.

We want to go, but I looked it up on google earth. Doesn't look like much chance to get out of the sun. Are they going to have canopies / tents, etc. WE are what could be called senior citizens and my wife and the hot sun don't get along.

We want to go, but I looked it up on google earth. Doesn't look like much chance to get out of the sun. Are they going to have canopies / tents, etc. WE are what could be called senior citizens and my wife and the hot sun don't get along.
We have some canopies, but mostly for the cars. There are some trees, but not for up to 400,500 people. It is very worrisome because right now it is about 100 and the heat is not supposed to get bad until friday or Saturday. A whole lot of us are Senior - Senior Citizens and it may affect the turnout. "Isky" will be 100 YEARS old on Saturday so he gets the senior award.

Roger, I have a coupe of EZ-Ups I can bring. As a group of racers, I'm sure there are others who do too.

May I suggest havng Crafty Kate post an request on the Facebook page for anyone with Pop-up tents to bring them?

What about folding chairs? I know this isn't the standing kind of crowd, so should I bring some folding chairs too? Have maybe a half dozen here at the house.

My friend Jim and I will be there from Michigan and Indiana with Floyd Jr and Mrs Lippencott. A few pictures of Ed visiting our pits at Pomona and dinner after PRI a few years ago. Thanks for putting this on!
20170211_161554.jpg
Screenshot_20210707-075101_Photos.jpg
20141115_143634.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back