2013 Etown EL (1 Viewer)

and worse looking at the 10 day forecast, I honestly hope that with the Summernationals name returing to E-town doesn't mean the Summernationals weather comes with it.

Talk about the jinx of all time.

I hope it changes and cools down considerably, let's get that mineshaft like last year, let's get out of Bizarro World and finally get a 6.40 run in PS.

I wouldn't even look at the forecast until the Monday before race weekend. The forecast will change about 100 times between now and the race.

I wouldn't even look at the forecast until the Monday before race weekend. The forecast will change about 100 times between now and the race.

it goes back to what i said previously about being a New Yorker and feeling that "we deserve the best" every year. Really the last year that sucked was 2008, not just because of Kalitta, but because no track records were broken in the pro categories and the only track record broken that weekend was John Finke going 280 in Top Alcohol Dragster, plus I couldn't tell you who won the pro categories because IMO there was nothing that was equivalent to Eddie Krawiec last year, Bob Tasca in 2010, Tommy Johnson in 2007, or Antron in 05.

Wouldn't surprise me the least if this one goes in the "Suck" column of E-Town national events.

E-town..the arm pit of drag racing with the rudest people and I would guess the most accidents, injured or killed racers. Should be shut down and bulldozed I'm sure I'll get many negative responses for that statment..but that's just this man's opinion. .

If they ran hospitals under that same pretense, there would be no more hospitals eventually. The incidents were all freak incidents. Yes they all happened on the same track, but what about when Blaine Johnson and the Nitro Bike driver Elmer Trett dies in Indy on the same weekend? And not to mention all the Indy 500 deaths. Should we then shut that track down too? Scott Kalitta was presumed unconscious after his engine exploded, no amount of shutdown area could have saved him. I have that last bit of info from people close to him. And as far as rude people...maybe you just oughta stay home. Sissy.

If they ran hospitals under that same pretense, there would be no more hospitals eventually. The incidents were all freak incidents. Yes they all happened on the same track, but what about when Blaine Johnson and the Nitro Bike driver Elmer Trett dies in Indy on the same weekend? And not to mention all the Indy 500 deaths. Should we then shut that track down too? Scott Kalitta was presumed unconscious after his engine exploded, no amount of shutdown area could have saved him. I have that last bit of info from people close to him. And as far as rude people...maybe you just oughta stay home. Sissy.

and as I said ad nauseum that car was not right at all in the 3 prior runs, either it smoked the tires or in the friday night session there was a flash under the body that went out quick. Something was just not quite right about the machine that weekend.

2 days before cutoff;

Top Fuel Dragster 22 20 90.9%
Fuel Funny Car 22 19 86.4%
Pro Stock 22 18 81.8%
Pro Stock Motorcycle 22 18 81.8%
Pro Mod 22 16 72.7%
Competition Eliminator 36 37 102.8%
Super Stock 70 70 100.0%
Stock Eliminator 90 88 97.8%
Super Comp 70 59 84.3%
Super Gas 70 48 68.6%
Top Sportsman 40 40 100.0%
Event Total 486 433 89.1%

Bob Benza and Chris McGaha are off the Pro Stock List. Barely got a 16 car Pro Mod Field with Trickie Rickie, Plus Sidnei Frigo returns. No Michael Phillips and no LE Tonglet for the bikes either, I hope Kenny Delco sticks it out and runs the even too.

I hope it's also not due to the Heat we're gonna get that weekend stuck in the 80 degree range.

I know his name has already been mentioned, but Kenny Delco was testing at MIR this weekend and he had some feller named Iaconio helping him out with the car. It'll be nice to see Kenny out there again.

also i'm looking at the run order,

http://www.nhra.net/2013/images/NHRARacer/detailed run schedule-EN.pdf

Looks completely convoluted here. I've never seen the E-Town schedule look like this where all the Sportsman guys run before the Pros on Saturday, I wished NHRA would've made both Pro Sessions Night Sessions especially with the way the Weather's going to be Temp wise.

Also it's cool that the RP 11.50 Index racers get to be showcased in front of their biggest Crowd ever. I wish I could announce that category this weekend because I am VERY Familiar with the RP Index folks. But I think the "Be A Member of TAG" rule comes into play. If Alan, Joe or Bill need any info on the RP 11.50 Index Racers, I can pass it to you.

Last edited:
and correction on the 11.50 Index invitational, it's 8 racers, 2 from Cecil County, 2 from Atco, 2 from Maple Grove and Jim Schmidt & Joe Morena the 2 from RP's Index Series. The other 6 I don't know for certain.

also I pointed out about the schedule being convoluted, just listening to Alan on WFO Radio, there's reason behind this;

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back