2013 Etown EL (1 Viewer)

Are you kidding me ...

I would guess the most accidents: This statistical guess (as you put it) is based on what? Pure emotion of trying to make a non-point. There are accidents every weekend at local tracks across the country. Yes even deaths.

the most injured or killed racers: Really, got any stats to back that up?

Its obvious you don't like the place when you make such ridiculous statements. Then you qualify them with its "that's just this man's opinion". This may just the most ignorant post I have ever seen on this board.

WOW !!!:mad::mad:

I can start here

E-Town 2 Dead Racers, Kalitta & Neal Parker

Indy had Trett, Blaine Johnson, Steve Engel,

Case Closed. Attempted Besmirshing debunked.

Does the size of the NY market over rule my statement assuming it was correct? Not offering an opinion either way just asking the question.

I stated my reasons for not caring for E-town, but I do agree that NHRA's carelessness got Scott Kalitta killed, not 1/4 mile racing! But aside from that I thought E-town was a dump after getting spoiled by Chi-town and Vegas!

and question for Bill Stephens or Alan, who's gonna be the Pros announcer/Pre Race Master of Ceremonies for E-town?

I went to E-town once in 2003, granted the weather was terrible. But I never seen SOO Many Rude people in all my life! The Stereotype of the Rude NY'er lives up to that Title there that is for sure! I'll never go back...:rolleyes:

E-town has the most polite kids I have ever seen at a race track. It also has the rudest adults I have seen anywhere. Typical East coast scum.

E-town..the arm pit of drag racing with the rudest people and I would guess the most accidents, injured or killed racers. Should be shut down and bulldozed I'm sure I'll get many negative responses for that statment..but that's just this man's opinion. .

I stated my reasons for not caring for E-town, but I do agree that NHRA's carelessness got Scott Kalitta killed, not 1/4 mile racing! But aside from that I thought E-town was a dump after getting spoiled by Chi-town and Vegas!

been going to etown for over 30 years. never had one single problem with anybody. been to many other tracks all over the counrty and i am always excited to be there. I come to see a drag race not to evaluate the aesthetics of the place. im only gonna be there for a day. im not moving in.
Joe and John-come on guys.. you sound like 2 angry old men who dont like to go to the track anymore because it means you have to put down your beer and get off of the couch. well, thats fine but dont tell us the track is a dump and that it should be bulldozed. :rolleyes:

been going to etown for over 30 years. never had one single problem with anybody. been to many other tracks all over the counrty and i am always excited to be there. I come to see a drag race not to evaluate the aesthetics of the place. im only gonna be there for a day. im not moving in.
Joe and John-come on guys.. you sound like 2 angry old men who dont like to go to the track anymore because it means you have to put down your beer and get off of the couch. well, thats fine but dont tell us the track is a dump and that it should be bulldozed. :rolleyes:

you got 9 years on me, this is year 21, It wasn't until year 3 (1994) that it turned from "hey I'm goin to e-town" to the tradition streak that will end when i die.

Last edited:
plus the whos who i get to see there, EK, The Laganas, Gary Richard, Pat Dehner, Eddie Brooks, Mike Robilotto, Anthony and Heather Fetch, Jeanne Linke, Bob Benza, Vinny Budano, Bob Ingles (does he work for any teams now? i remember he worked with Robert Patrick), Michelle Costa, Frank Aragona, Phil Szupka, Brian "Fedora" Darcy, Bob Kaiser, the list goes on and on.

Plus the DRAW Auction adds to it,

Not to mention the RP Employees I see regularly and those from D1 that i will see in 2 weeks after at Lebanon Valley.

rob--ive seen your posts over the yrs and took notice because you are from hopewell Jct. where my cousin lived for years. But i dont think we have ever met. lets make up to see each other out there. it sounds like youre there the whole weekend. i will be there sunday

rob--ive seen your posts over the yrs and took notice because you are from hopewell Jct. where my cousin lived for years. But i dont think we have ever met. lets make up to see each other out there. it sounds like youre there the whole weekend. i will be there sunday

we'll see how it all plays out.

Another rude fan from NY speaks out. I rest my case.

I have 2 reserved seating tickets for Sunday at E-town Left side of the track section 9 row A for sale. I will be there on Friday, i cant make it sunday! If there is anyone interested let me know....:)

1 Week before cutoff;

Top Fuel Dragster 22 19 86.4%
Fuel Funny Car 22 19 86.4%
Pro Stock 22 21 95.5%
Pro Stock Motorcycle 22 15 68.2%
Pro Mod 22 13 59.1%
Competition Eliminator 36 37 102.8%
Super Stock 70 71 101.4%
Stock Eliminator 90 91 101.1%
Super Comp 70 56 80.0%
Super Gas 70 44 62.9%
Top Sportsman 40 40 100.0%
Event Total 486 426 87.7%

13 Pro Mods and 15 Pro Stock Motorcycles, and 3 names not on the PSM list, John Hall From CT LE Tonglet and Michael Phillips, Pro Mod Kenny Lang the Points Leader and Steve Matusek aren't on the list either, Do they realize they're back on tour next weekend?

Also no Greg Stanfield for the 2nd year in a row and doesn't he have a solid sponsorship this year unlike last year?

clocks a-tickin

Last edited:
1 Week before cutoff;

Top Fuel Dragster 22 19 86.4%
Fuel Funny Car 22 19 86.4%
Pro Stock 22 21 95.5%
Pro Stock Motorcycle 22 15 68.2%
Pro Mod 22 13 59.1%
Competition Eliminator 36 37 102.8%
Super Stock 70 71 101.4%
Stock Eliminator 90 91 101.1%
Super Comp 70 56 80.0%
Super Gas 70 44 62.9%
Top Sportsman 40 40 100.0%
Event Total 486 426 87.7%

13 Pro Mods and 15 Pro Stock Motorcycles, and 3 names not on the PSM list, John Hall From CT LE Tonglet and Michael Phillips, Pro Mod Kenny Lang the Points Leader and Steve Matusek aren't on the list either, Do they realize they're back on tour next weekend?

Also no Greg Stanfield for the 2nd year in a row and doesn't he have a solid sponsorship this year unlike last year?

clocks a-tickin

On the Broadcast this past weekend of the Topeka race, John Kernan said that Greg Stanfield and team were done after there 1st round loss they needed to regroup & find more funding...

and worse looking at the 10 day forecast, I honestly hope that with the Summernationals name returing to E-town doesn't mean the Summernationals weather comes with it.

Talk about the jinx of all time.

I hope it changes and cools down considerably, let's get that mineshaft like last year, let's get out of Bizarro World and finally get a 6.40 run in PS.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back