2009 NHRA Virginia flashback (1 Viewer)

Luke Nieuwhof

Nitro Member
Hi guys, a bit of a retrospective for you. I attended the 2009 NHRA Virginia Nationals, which was the last time the event was on the tour until 2018. This was only the second NHRA event I ever attended, having flown around the world to see it. If you're a drag racing fan in America, sometimes you don't know how lucky you are to get to see what you see on a regular basis.

http://www.americandragracer.com/retro-2009-nhra-virginia/

thanks Luke......you are rite, the fc's are certainly different today. you can really see where the mopar body's canopy reached farther forward than toyota and especially the ford body

Thanks Luke. I like that you don't limit your photography to just the top name competitors. While I may be a fan of some of them, I don't need to see the same cars on every site.

Great stuff Luke, I do agree I think the funny cars today do look better than they did ten or so years ago with better looking wraps.

And Haddock goes boom, some things never change

If I remember correctly that was the weekend he got thrown out and parked for the last couple races of that season for using zip ties to hold down the spark plug cover on the valve cover. I think that was the stretch he was blowing up on literally every single pass

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back