2007 IHRA schedule (1 Viewer)

cat

Nitro Member
Now that Tulsa Raceway Park is on tap for the emax series national event in 2007, will the IHRA run 12 events or keep it at 11?
Iv'e heard a rumor that New England Dragway will not be hosting the event next year and may be going NHRA. Yes I know we've been hearing these rumors for a few years now but with the Tulsa event happening, it just makes you (me) wonder even more.

Same thing of hearing rumors that Pittsburgh will get a national event too. Guess we'll see later this year.

11/12/13 Races?

Ah, the never-ending drama about Norwalk again... I HOPE that IHRA keeps Norwalk and that they expand their schedule. While I understand that part of IHRA's success is in keeping a smaller schedule to make it easier/cheaper for their racers to compete, there's also a risk of having too few events for the media/"casual" fans to follow. I think that people have short attention spans and having big gaps in a schedule (like IHRA does at the beginning of the season) can cause them to forget about them. Also, having too short of a season could lead to assumptions that the series is not totally viable. I wouldn't want to see 25+ IHRA races - I think that would be too much and would make it too expensive, but I believe that 15-16 would be a perfect number of races.

So, with Tulsa next year, keeping Norwalk, and adding Pittsburgh and Calgary, they'd be at 15 races. Big enough to make a championship run a bit tougher, but shouldn't push it out of reach for most teams.

YES Finally... The long awaited NATIONAL EVENT at Tulsa Raceway Park!!! I can hear the "THUNDER" OF NITRO CARS now...

Last year, IHRA had 12 events. They are down to 11 this year because Virginia Motorsports Park switched back to NHRA and Tulsa was not ready for a national event this year. Adding the event at Tulsa will take them back to the number of events they had in 2005.

Jim

Ah, the never-ending drama about Norwalk again... I HOPE that IHRA keeps Norwalk and that they expand their schedule. While I understand that part of IHRA's success is in keeping a smaller schedule to make it easier/cheaper for their racers to compete, there's also a risk of having too few events for the media/"casual" fans to follow. I think that people have short attention spans and having big gaps in a schedule (like IHRA does at the beginning of the season) can cause them to forget about them. Also, having too short of a season could lead to assumptions that the series is not totally viable. I wouldn't want to see 25+ IHRA races - I think that would be too much and would make it too expensive, but I believe that 15-16 would be a perfect number of races.

So, with Tulsa next year, keeping Norwalk, and adding Pittsburgh and Calgary, they'd be at 15 races. Big enough to make a championship run a bit tougher, but shouldn't push it out of reach for most teams.

I'd like to see us at 15 or 16 nationals...

Jeff Lee

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back