1320 Video's visit to Santa Pod (1 Viewer)

robinjackson

Nitro Member
Kyle paid us a visit at Santa Pod for a couple of events in May. I think he quite liked it.

Hello Robin. Read your post about traveling to Epping. Since I retired in Jan of this year, have been volunteering at Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix as a Navigator. You guys have the same thing at Heathrow. We wear purple jackets & give info to passengers, just like the Heathrow folks (who also wear purple). This is an interesting position for me. American Airlines has direct flights from Heathrow to Phoenix, so I get to meet a lot of British passengers. Maybe I should make a sign that says Hello Drag Racing Fans. Heh I used to work in hospital, so the airport world is totally different to me.

WOW! That first pic shows the stands are packed for what looks like the whole track (like it use to be here in the U.S.).

Hello Robin. Read your post about traveling to Epping. Since I retired in Jan of this year, have been volunteering at Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix as a Navigator. You guys have the same thing at Heathrow. We wear purple jackets & give info to passengers, just like the Heathrow folks (who also wear purple). This is an interesting position for me. American Airlines has direct flights from Heathrow to Phoenix, so I get to meet a lot of British passengers. Maybe I should make a sign that says Hello Drag Racing Fans. Heh I used to work in hospital, so the airport world is totally different to me.

Hello, Cliff. I calculated recently that I have been to races at 14 different US tracks, starting with "old" Irwindale. Haven't made it to Phoenix yet, though, but when I do, I'll look out for you at the airport.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back