10 Years later (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Well, it took 10 years, but it looks like the Joe Amato/Jimmy Prock 10 year old track record (4.58 set back in 1999!! :eek:) may have fallen last night if they were racing 1320.

What a pass that was back then!

Side a note, on Robert Hights 4.79 track record pass, he was probably 4.09-4.10 to 1000'

Well, it took 10 years, but it looks like the Joe Amato/Jimmy Prock 10 year old track record (4.58 set back in 1999!! :eek:) may have fallen last night if they were racing 1320.

Side a note, on Robert Hights 4.79 track record pass, he was probably 4.09-4.10 to 1000'

It still stands, and will until they resume racing 1320! :)

Maybe so Paul S. but I don't know. Even when Schumacher and Bernstein ran 330+ a few years ago they still didn't run quicker than Amato's .58. Since I've never been able to find incrementals on Amato's run it would be interesting to compare Schu and Bernstein's runs to Antron's and Cory's. I think Schu ran a .60 and B's was a .61 if memory serves me right.

Last edited:
Once they have the spec engine combination and rules in place to slow them down that record and all previous ones will be it!
No body will get close to any of the existing records.......:rolleyes:

This is true, and so sad. I loved hearing about records being broken, and always hoped to see it if I attended a race.

I have been following this stuff since the mid-60's and, if push came to shove, and I had to pick one run from any class that impressed me the most, that would be it. Just incredible!

I thing to remember about Amato's 4.58@318, it was a Hot summer day and it was a 3rd session pass! That's the only time I remember NHRA giving the Pro's 3 sessions in one day! Antron's pass was in Much Cooler conditions....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back