Tommy Johnson Jr.

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by farmje, Sep 13, 2010.

1. farmje

farmje Nitro Member

Anyone know where he is and what he's doing? I keep hoping to get updates via Melanie's blog, but nothing lately.

2. none

none Nitro Member

TJ and Melanie are no longer together.

3. none

none Nitro Member

That would explain him not showing up on her blog but I thought he was driving one of the Yas Marina cars..........:confused:

4. e-town iceyman

e-town iceyman Nitro Member

That's a shame.. Figured that was the case when she no longer mentioned him..

5. Jer

Jer Nitro Member

To bad they didnt work out. She is a hottie!!!!!!

6. Nick

Nick Nitro Member

Says who? Where is your source?

7. Pinocchio

Pinocchio Nitro Member

I just checked both their web sites and Facebook pages, and no where is there any mention of being married to each other.

8. d'kid

d'kid Nitro Member

TJ is in the DSR camp at Every 'Big Show Event'... Don is working on a Deal for Next Season for TJ... Yes, he flys back and forth that much....

d'kid

9. Jim Gunther

Jim Gunther Nitro Member

Bummer if true.

Two very nice people (living in a high stress atmosphere).

10. dragstats

dragstats Nitro Member

tj was here in denver...usually here with mel because her mom lives here...but who knows, didn't see her tho...sorry if true!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  11. Percboy

Percboy Nitro Member

Tommy Johnson Jr. - News

Somebody help me with a question:
    Did TJ (and family) run a new and used racing parts company (i.e. phone order, mail order) in the mid `80s?

12. Jenn

Jenn Nitro Member

Yep, TJ Sr. is still out selling stuff. GPS/Lojack type units for trailers, Safety Solutions Gear, and a few other things.

13. .

. Nitro Member

Yes, his dad used to have a mail order parts business. I remember seeing Sr. and Jr. at the UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls, IA a couple times with tables full of product. TJ jr. also had a shop for a while selling collectibles back sometime in either the late 90's or early 00's.

14. Percboy

Percboy Nitro Member

Yeah TJ got a little "customer unfriendly" with me on the phone (probably `84).
    I was looking for a hard to find 10 bolt posi unit and he must had been having a bad day on the phone.
    He said no and that he wasnt too happy that I was running up his 1-800 watts line time.
    Too funny ...now. :D

15. Jenn

Jenn Nitro Member

If I remember correctly the 1 800 number was for orders and he had a toll number for BS. Great guy to talk to on the phone.

16. Percboy

Percboy Nitro Member

Guess he was letting me know I called the wrong number :eek:

17. mw6789

mw6789 Nitro Member

We all have bad days, and dealing with the general public can give you a bad day on any day. The one time I talked to Tommy Sr on the phone, he was a super nice guy. And as for the other, as one poster stated earlier, we should respect TJ and Melanies privacy. It is none of our business.

18. Buns

Buns Nitro Member

Being someone that deals with the general public on a daily basis, I can wholeheartedly back this statement up.

19. Too many to list here

Too many to list here Nitro Member

Same here-and today's one of those days!!!:(

20. None

None Nitro Member

Why? If it wasn't for dishin dirt, this web site would fall on it's butt.