Steve Reyes photos

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by Dave, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Dave

Dave Nitro Member

Check out the new Steve Reyes Gallery at autoimagery.com:

Steve Reyes Gallery

We are starting with 60 images, but hope to be adding more images on a regular basis.
  2. MM

MM Nitro Member

very cool.....Reyes is one of the best!
  3. Bubba

Bubba Nitro Member

Fantastic pics. Definitely triggered memories. That shot of Shirley Muldowney in the pink sweater looks like it's from a photo shoot that ended up on the cover and the inside of a Drag Racing USA issue. Can anyone confirm that?
  4. The Swegian

The Swegian Nitro Member

Way cool! The pictures are so vivid, they look like they could have been taken yesterday.
  5. Dave

Dave Nitro Member

Brent - I can't confirm it, but a number of the shots are from magazine shoots, so it wouldn't surprise me. My favorite is the shot of Bob Contorelli's rear-engined Funny Car with the ducks and geese walking through the foreground.
  6. brain

brain Nitro Member

Dave,
    I heard through the grapevine that you had a issue with the ole ticker a couple of weeks ago. I hope your hitting on all eight and feeling better. If you need a photo assistant at the season opener, I can dig out my old Canon I used back in my Byron Dragway days. Or I can leave it home and just carry your stuff around for you. All kidding aside, I was relieved to hear it was minor and you're doing okay. Wish I was coming out to see you again. You know I always said I wanted to race at Pomona just once before I retired. Maybe in November. Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

Brian,
  7. Dave

Dave Nitro Member

Brian,

Thanks for asking. I'm doing great. Just a little cardiac wake-up call. Two stents and I'm almost as good as new. I got lucky and the docs say there is little or no damage to the heart.
  8. Namely Nick

Namely Nick Nitro Member

Hi Dave,
    Its always best to start the season with a fresh valve job....glad you're OK. By the by....Steve's work has always been some of my favs, thaks for posting..
  9. Dave

Dave Nitro Member

Steve,

That's what I'm telling everyone....that I just went in for a tune-up! :)

An expensive one, but just a tune-up.
  10. Namely Nick

Namely Nick Nitro Member

Just be thankful it wasn't a "rear main seal"
  11. Bubba

Bubba Nitro Member

Glad you're doing well, Dave. Look after yourself!
  12. gerrymack

gerrymack Nitro Member

Good to hear you are doing well and best wishes to you Dave.

Kind regards,

Gerald McDornan
  13. sammi

sammi Nitro Member

Hey Steve!

How about kicking loose a couple of those "special" Jungle Pam shots you mention in your funny car book. :D

Mark