Keith Black Racing Engines For Sale

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by Raconteur, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Raconteur

Raconteur Nitro Member

2. yoda

yoda Nitro Member

Jeez... :mad:

No words can convey my thoughts about this....
  3. Toejam

Toejam Nitro Member

You can't count out the Sky-high California taxes in all of this!
  4. Raconteur

Raconteur Nitro Member

While that is often an issue, "Sky-high California taxes" had nothing to do with the current issues at KBRE.
  5. Mike

Mike Nitro Member

Joe, dont think so...............
  6. kd

kd Nitro Member

...Sad News......but,...This was a business that didnt keep up with the times.
    Q: Are ANY fuel racers using ANY KB components these days?
    A: no.:(
  7. ProNitro Pete

ProNitro Pete Nitro Member

This is sad, another of the Racing Legends hitting the savannah of dinosaur death..

[​IMG]
  8. Mooseman

Mooseman Nitro Member

That is quite inacurate , Keith Black blocks are cast , they were forced out of nhra competition when the forged block only rule was put in place . The cast blocks are still IHRA legal . When I talked to Keith Black Racing engines about a year ago they told me that they were in the final stages of producing a forged block and that they had high hopes it would do well in nhra competition . Obviously something didn't go as planned for them .
  9. ----NONE----

----NONE---- Nitro Member

That sucks.... I have two friends that work at KB. I haven't heard any news about them, but I hope that things turn around.
  10. kd

kd Nitro Member

So How WAS I INACURATE????????????????...there hasn't been an nhra fuel racer get an invoice from kb for a LONG time.........CAST BLOCK...FUEL RACING?????....Have a Yaba-Daba Do time!!!..

.....Talked to them a year ago...wonder if the guy is still there???..

Explain please....real dumb guy here......................................
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  11. kd

kd Nitro Member

AND....Ken Black did NOTHING to keep his DAD's good name goin'....I remember the days of Keith dispatching Holly Hedrich and Don Ewald to tune-Beck and Capp because he believed in em...(B.Fedderly was Capps partner and crew chief....)...I saw KBs in the good old days...where everyone got their stuff....sorry......................:confused:
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  12. SAS

SAS Nitro Member

Obama would be very happy to tax a company like that to death. But his real joy will be in taking 50% from Shumacher and Kalitta. Going chapter 11, gives companies like KB another chance. Many companies have prospered after filing
    The Kieth Black name alone has great value.
  13. Mooseman

Mooseman Nitro Member

Sorry I probably came on a bit too strong about being inacurate , I was just trying to explain the situation as to why they arent being used in NHRA
  14. The Swegian

The Swegian Nitro Member

Sorry dumb question but I ask because I don't know. Is Keith Black's son Ken the same Ken Black of Vegas Construction fame (ya know, GA, JL, Hillary, et al.)?
  15. ----NONE----

----NONE---- Nitro Member

I'm pretty sure that he is't....
  16. Mike

Mike Nitro Member

The 2 Ken Blacks are the same.
  17. clwill

clwill Staff Member Nitro Member

Please limit comments like this to the politics room. Thank you.
  18. Muddy

Muddy Nitro Member

Two different people. Ken Black Construction is located in Vegas. KB Racing engines is south of LA. Can't remember the exact city....I have a severe case of CRAFT that seems to get worse each day. Anyway they're not one and the same.
  19. JIMBO

JIMBO Nitro Member

John, A big THANK YOU for the CRAFT " first time I have seen that." :D
  20. The Swegian

The Swegian Nitro Member

Thanks, I didn't think they were the same. I knew the construction company was based in Vegas but that didn't mean he couldn't have moved there from L.A. After a little research, Ken Black founded Vegas Construction in 1975.