John Force and St. Louis

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by Bobby Bennett, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Bobby Bennett

Nitro Member

2. mw6789

Nitro Member

One of the many reasons I admire Force is that he never forgot where he came from.

3. Nitro Mustang

Nitro Member

Great story Bobby, thanks for posting. I'm originally from St. Louis, moved to Tampa in 1995. I used to go to Gateway when it was an IHRA track and wasn't the best of facilities :) I haven't been back to Gateway IR since I left St. Louis, but will be there for qualifying on Saturday with several newbs (family/friends) with me :cool: I can't wait to see the looks on their faces at the first throttle whack, burnout and hit when the tree goes green!

4. Jim Gunther

Nitro Member

That was a terrific story.

So often, folks forget that heros (whether John Force, Rush Limbaugh, or Sam Walton) didn't spring-from-the-shell fully grown and heroic.

I love those kinds of stories - Inspiration to ALL of us - especially small business-people trying to "make another payroll".:)

5. paoldtimer

Nitro Member

I love stories like that one. Thanks, Bobby.

6. Speed1288

Nitro Member

One of these people is not like the others...

7. sammi

Nitro Member

Rush Limbaugh....AYFKM!?:mad:

Not a John Force fan, but I have honest respect and admiration for what he has been able to accomplish.

#7 sammi, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  8. rckymtn3

Nitro Member

I about fell off my stool when I read that too.....lol

a hero? it's bad enough when they pin that moniker on sports stars, let-alone a windbag drug addict that lies more than he breathes....sheesh...that guy is a straight-out cigar smoking carbuncle of the highest order

sorry Jim, but you make a list of "heros" like that, and it makes me think you live in a bubble.

9. Jim Gunther

Nitro Member

Whether you consider Rush a hero or not (I don't really care - and I don't want to turn this thread political), Rush has a great story (Read the recent biography by ?Chafitz).

The point is, there was a time when all these fellows (Walton, Limbaugh, and Force and so many actors and musical giants) were "bumming gas money" to follow their dream - If that kind of story doesn't inspire you, that's your loss.:rolleyes:

10. Speed1288

Nitro Member

What, that he was a failed baseball guy who became a hack radio windbag hypocrite? Great story.

I'll take Forces story.

11. Mooseman

Nitro Member

12. George.

Nitro Member

Love him or hate him, ONE man has carried this sport on his back all by himself for the last 10 years.

13. badger

Nitro Member

I suppose we all live in bubbles Kevin, but I would recommend you do some research on your own before tagging labels on individuals. This thread was meant for a topic entirely different.