AL-Anabi

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by nitro-trucker, Mar 16, 2009.

1. nitro-trucker

nitro-trucker Nitro Member

I was just wondering, how not running associate sponsors stickes will afect there support if or when the Shiek quits paying the bills.
    P.S. it is nice not to hear the sponsor song while being interviewed.
  2. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Nitro Member

I'm not sure how it would affect things in the long run, but it sure makes for some nice looking cars.
  3. yoda

yoda Nitro Member

The Sheik has paid the bill already... This team has a long run ahead of it based on the check that has already cleared... It's gonna be nice to see a pretty, unstickered car for a while...:)
  4. T.Smith

T.Smith Nitro Member

So long as they are getting paid, they shouldn't care.
  5. Bloomer Snatcher

Bloomer Snatcher Nitro Member

Frankly, I want to hear the sponsor song after every interview. Some teams wish they had the lyrics back of that ol #1 hit. Get my drift :D
  6. Sean D, shondoo

Sean D, shondoo Nitro Member

I kinda' feel the same way, T, but do you think when the sheik is done there may be some resentment from the manufacturers that haven't been getting exposure on arguably the top car in the class? Or is it a deal where, when the day comes, they'll all still be standing in line just because it's AJ?

I'm not asking to be a smart a$$. I'm just curious to hear someone's angle from inside the ropes.

Sean D
  7. timebombkal

timebombkal Nitro Member

Great job AJ and Larry winning the race.
    Nice looking car
    Same for Mike Castellana.
    Now if Del wins soon, it will be better.
  8. Tim5636sc

Tim5636sc Nitro Member

yeah it will be complete the saying 'WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER' :) this week, we just had the winner winner....no yard bird.
  9. yoda

yoda Nitro Member

I don't know Sean- we all know the team is owned by someone that makes most of the parts on the car, including the chassis in the case of the flopper, and in the case of the few parts that AREN'T made by AJPE, the manufactures of those parts don't usually get a TV babble... When was the last time you heard someone talk about the great blower or pistons they have in the car? Who's to be pissed off?? Anybody that needs to buy those parts ALREADY knows who made them, and probably isn't spending alot of time watching the Deuce to figure out where to get that kind of gear..

Now, on the other cars, do you like hearing about the washing machines, sugar drink or flavored water that they yack about, or wouldn't you rather hear about that little slide they took at the 860' mark? ;)
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  10. danno

danno Nitro Member

Whats the KH stand for on the lower body panel?:confused:
  11. squid

squid Nitro Member

They are not going to run out of money anytime soon
  12. yoda

yoda Nitro Member

His Highness Sheikh Khalid Bin Hamad Al Thani
  13. danno

danno Nitro Member

Thanks....:D
  14. yoda

yoda Nitro Member

Famous final words.....:D

Unless they are AIG, cash can ALWAYS run out sooner than expected...;)
  15. Sean D, shondoo

Sean D, shondoo Nitro Member

Good points, Martin, especially this last one............;)

Sean D
  16. Tim5636sc

Tim5636sc Nitro Member

partially correct senor Martin... KHALID, the prince and co owner of this team. HAMAƐ, the king of QATAR, (the princes dad)...its is on all Al-Anabi cars.
    Call it a little thank you to the dad for his 'contribution' to the team:)
  17. JHOLE

JHOLE Nitro Member

You guys must be new to this sport.

It's a new car.

You have to wait for the scratches/dings to know where to put the stickers...

Or, you have your kids remove the outer 1/4" of the sticker's backing to put it on the car for the final if you make it that far....

Sheesh...
  18. Wayne

Wayne Nitro Member

BWAHAHA!!!
    Thanks Martin; I needed that!
    :D:D
  19. J.C.

J.C. Nitro Member

When I was racing, I refused to put "contingency" decals on any of my race cars. They are a sham and only benefit the car owner if the car wins or runner-ups at an event. In the meantime, the contingency sponsor gets their sticker on almost every car in the class for "free". Do the math, in a super class, the decal might appear on more than 100 vehicles, but only the winner and runner-up are paid to run the decals:)

I applaud Alan and the sheik for not plastering their beautiful race cars with cheap contingency decals.
  20. ----NONE----

----NONE---- Nitro Member

I agree, but there was a Stock or Super Stock racer with a gorgeous blue Monte Carlo (Brian Broaddus? I probably butchered his name... Sorry) that won in Pomona a few years back that didn't any stickers. I think the National Dragster article said that it cost him a few thousand dollars in contingency.... I guess that they are a necessary "evil" if you think that you have a chance to win.